I had a great discussion with Audra O’Neil, Author of At The Helm - The Young Widow’s Journey from Struggle to Strength. Audra is a widow, author and mother of twin twelve-year-old boys. Her husband Chad died in November of 2015, 5 months after being diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma.
Audra created the guidebook every widow should read. She includes easy-to-follow practical tips, widow stories, song lists, and resources to support grieving widows in moving forward in life.
We covered lots of topics during our time together:
- How Audra & Chad met and his diagnosis
- “At The Helm” and Veuve Clicquot (the champagne widow)
- Dating and the importance of knowing what you want in a partnership
- Camp Widow cocktail chatter
- Are Audra and her kids forming a band a la The Partridge Family?
- Who knew there’s a YouTube channel where a man steps into the dad role to teach kids how to do stereotypically male activities (tying a tie, shaving, telling a dad joke, etc.)
“I’m running the ship…the bad, the good - it all comes down to me. It’s how I steer the ship that determines how our lives go.”
- Audra O’Neil
At The Helm - The Young Widow’s Journey From Struggle to Strength by Audra O’Neil
Camp Widow https://campwidow.org/
Dad, how do I? https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNepEAWZH0TBu7dkxIbluDw
This episode is brought to you by:
Filled With Gold monthly self-care subscription box for widows.Listeners get the following discounts plus FREE shipping - use coupon code:
Free Self-Care Support Guide for Widows https://www.filledwithgold.org/widow_self-care_support_guide
Copyright © 2021 Filled With Gold - All Rights Reserved, LLC
Powered by Filled With Gold